[hobbit] Ability to follow 302 redirects

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Wed Jun 6 13:48:57 CEST 2007

Charles Jones wrote :
> I'm trying to do a content check of a URL that 302's (because an auth
> token is being passed in the URL). The problem I am having is Hobbit
> reports "No output received from server".

Hi,

it is planned to add scenario-style support for all network checks. But
not for soon.

In the old days, bbgen/bbtest-net (addon to bigbrother) used to link to
libcurl. As of 3.x, libcurl has been dropped, and redirect-follow
disapeared.

So I use a stripped-down version of the legacy bbtest-net, and a patched
version of hobbit's bbtest-net that add a --nohttp option, so I can put
my http/cont into the standard bb-hosts.

My setup goes like this:

- standard hobbit bbtest-net that does every network test except http

- http-only network tester

You can fine the patch and the old bbnet tool at my site :
http://charles.goyard.free.fr/hobbit/

Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31