Suppressing bogus hobbitfetch display alerts

Hobbit User hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Jun 4 18:15:59 CEST 2007

On Mon, June 4, 2007 08:49, Daniel J McDonald wrote:

> Be glad it doesn't just sit and consume 100% cpu, like it does a couple
of times a day on my box.  At that point, hobbitfetch turns yellow and
all of the tests being fetched turn purple.

> I think it is horribly broken, but I have no workaround, so I'm up for
killing the hobbitfetch process two or three times a day...

Hoo, boy.  I'm getting queasier about this all the time.  Since the
hobbitfetch alert results were meaningless, I put in a
NOCOLUMNS:hobbitfetch and did a bb "drop host hobbitfetch".  The column
went away, and then CAME BACK SPONTANEOUSLY!  AiggggHHHH!  Oh, wait a
minute, hobbitfetch is not in the list of supported columns for NOCOLUMNS.
 I'm not sure I can stomach doing the column drop every minute in a cron
job, so lessee, maybe: group-except hobbitfetch Hobbit Display
Server...yeah, yeah, that's it....