[hobbit] Bogus hobbitfetch reds and purples

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Jun 4 14:49:53 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 08:38 -0400, Hobbit User wrote:
> I have hobbitfetch working nicely for data fetching, but it continually
> goes red, then purple, with a detail of "-Program crashed" and "Fatal
> signal caught!".  When this  happens, it's still fetching the client data
> without a hitch as far as I can see.  When I came in this morning, I had
> the purple, with "Status unchanged in 0 hours 22 minutes", since I started
> writing this, it's gone to red with "Status unchanged in 0 hours 3
> minutes", all the while happily updating the client data.
>
> hobbitfetch.log has 0 length and was last touched about four hours ago.
> hobbitlaunch.log says "hobbitlaunch.log:2007-06-04 08:34:22 Task
> hobbitfetch terminated by signal 6".  The client data display available
> through the hobbitfetch status page is stamped 8:32:35 and clearly shows
> the hobbitfetch process running.
>
> Clues?

Be glad it doesn't just sit and consume 100% cpu, like it does a couple
of times a day on my box.  At that point, hobbitfetch turns yellow and
all of the tests being fetched turn purple.

I think it is horribly broken, but I have no workaround, so I'm up for
killing the hobbitfetch process two or three times a day...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy