Snapshot issue

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:13:01 CEST 2007

Henrik,

Either I've done something silly, or something you changed after the
2007-07-25 snapshot may have broken "bin/bb".  I'm getting this in my
hobbitclient.log:

   Hobbit version 4.3.0-0.20070725
   Usage: /home/hobbit/client/bin/bb [--debug] [--proxy=
http://ip.of.the.proxy:port/] RECIPIENT DATA
     RECIPIENT: IP-address, hostname or URL
     DATA: Message to send, or "-" to read from stdin

and purple dots for my Hobbit server's cpu, disk, memory, etc.

To make sure it wasn't anything old left behind from the previous install, I
moved the server & client directories to another place and reran the 'make
install', then copied back server/etc/bb-hosts.  I'm still getting the above
usage message and no client reports for the server itself.

I get the same kind of usage message if I try:

   server/bin/bb  0.0.0.0  "drop xxxf501 conn"

When I copy the client/bb & common/bb binaries from the 2007-07-25 snapshot
build directory over to client/bin/bb & server/bin/bb, I now get the
server's cpu, memory, disk, &c reports.

This is with gcc-4.1.2 & glibc-2.5 on a Gentoo Linux system.

Ralph Mitchell