[hobbit] [feature request] Client-side connectivity check

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Jul 26 15:31:59 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Henrik Stoerner wrote :
> Charles Goyard wrote:
> > So I come up with a suggestion: be able to check if a specific port is
> > reachable for the client standpoint. Socket connection can be done via
> > the bb utility. [picky servers like mysql would be handled differently].
>
> I have some cases like that in my production environment. What I've done
> is to simply install the full Hobbit server on these nodes, and disable
> all tasks except the client- and networktest-tasks.

That could do the trick, but what I had in mind is a task installed on
almost every host.

We're working on a sample perl-based implementation. If it proves
useful, we'll be glad to port it to C and have it included into hobbit
as a standard status report.

Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31
Orange Business Services - online multimedia  // ingénierie