AIX Power5 vmstat (was: Re: [hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version)

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jul 24 08:38:37 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007, you wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 01:51:55PM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> > I'd like to see POWER5 CPU stats:
> > http://www.docum.org/twiki/bin/view/Hobbit/AixPower5
>
> No problem, except I don't understand why the Wiki claims that it is
> necessary to remove the '.' from the numbers. It seems this is to
> convert the data to percentages, but that can be done in the graph
> definition:
The cpu_pc and cpu_ec has always a "." in it:
kthr    memory              page              faults              cpu
----- ----------- ------------------------ ------------ -----------------------
 r  b   avm   fre  re  pi  po  fr   sr  cy  in   sy  cs us sy id wa    pc
ec
 2  2 1341331 15949   0   8   7  85   49   0 583 34667 1878 38  5 55  2  0.46
46.0

pc has always 2 numbers after the "." and ec 1 (I hope this stays the same for
next AIX releases).  Rrd wants integers (I think), so you have to strip
the "." from the numbers.
And, indeed, the -b 1024 is a copy-and-paste error.

I have more AIX updates (iostat graphs), but I don't have the time to create
patches, maybe at the end of this week.  After that I'm 2 weeks on holiday.

Stef