Question for regular expression in hobbit-alerts.cfg

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 23:27:43 CEST 2007

I have a rule trying to catch name name like
ra1234.mywork.com, ratest.mywork.com etc.

So I written down as "ra.*.mywork.com" in hobbit-alerts.cfg file.

but turns out it also catch "sdultra72.mywork.com" type of hostname.

currently the pattern is changed to "^ra.*.mywork.com" so
"sdultr72.mywork.com" won't be matched.

Question is do I have change my other hostname pattern to start with ^  (1st
character started with )  symbol  ? , Just to be on safe side ?

T.J. Yang