Strange rrd problem

Thomas Kaehn tk at westend.com
Fri Jul 13 09:01:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've set up a hobbit server to monitor a couple of systems.

However the network test graphs from exactly one system are looking
quite strange:

http://www.westend.com/pop3-1.png
http://www.westend.com/pop3-2.png		(zoomed in view)

According to this graph pop3 is answering always within zero seconds (I
can't imagine this). And the response time of pop3s is alternating in
such specific way that rrd draws triangles.

I've already deleted the rrd files, but the effect remains the same.

The system is running Debian 4.0 (librrd2 version 1.2.15-0.3). Has
anybody seen such strange effects before? All other systems and even
other services on the same system are looking reasonable.

Ciao,
Thomas
--
Thomas Kähn                   WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller