[hobbit] Estimating hardware needs for Hobbit server

Dean Casey dcasey at pathfire.com
Tue Jul 3 16:23:29 CEST 2007

Henrik is right, the 420-R definitely would be the best choice among
these three - dual CPU's, dual power supplies, better network
performance, ability to RAID mirror the disks, more expandability in
terms of additional network cards (can even use quad ethernet cards).
The SCSI disks in the 420-R usually last longer than the IDE disks in
the other two machines, and the 420-R is easier to get parts for
nowadays (at least in the USA).

Dean Casey