combotest and the test states

Marganne, Etienne emarganne at be.tiauto.com
Wed Jan 31 14:07:33 CET 2007

Hi all,

This morning I have been testing combined test to try to mark as unreachable
a list of hosts. From the tests I deduced the following statements:

You can not overwrite already evaluated tests with combined containing their
occurency.

Explanation:

emarganne.conn = bigrouter.conn && emarganne.conn

do not work.

Indeed it seams that the token "emarganne.conn" has to be unique. If you use
it in the logic expression its value will be -1 because the expression
analyzer links "emarganne.conn" to the one defined as the combo test not the
one that has been defined in the bb-hosts file. So you can not create link
the connectivity of a hosts to one of the other directly this way. I am
right or is there any workaround ?

Etienne Marganne

TI Automotive.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.