[hobbit] bbtest crash & core dumping

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 22 16:56:14 CET 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:29:49AM -0500, Allan.Marillier at dana.com wrote:
> I have a problem on a Fedora Core 5 server that comes up at random
> intervals with Henrik's rpm version of hobbit 4.2.0-1 where my bbtest-net
> causes core dumps every 5 minutes and all tests turn purple.
> Any suggestions please? (I do have some core dumps saved but I'm not too
> familiar with gdb debugging)

See http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport for
instructions.

Adding a "--no-ares" option to the bbtest-net command in
hobbitlaunch.cfg might help; we know there is a bug in the C-ARES
library used for DNS lookups, but it is apparently something which only
triggers occasionally (or in specific setups).