[hobbit] Could not use regular expressions in client-local.cfg [name] tag

RAMA grsamy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 01:38:37 CET 2007

Looks like the answer is 'not possible' . Looked  at the mail archives and found

  -----
  Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:58:44 +0000
  Subject: Re: [hobbit] client-local.cfg? feature request?
   Reference : 20060512060555.GA29769  @ hswn. dk

  It is not clear what support there is for regular expressions, perhaps it is already there for ignore, and trigger, but not log, file or the hostname?

Exactly

----

RAMA <grsamy at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Is it possible to use regular expression in client-local.cfg to specify hostname(s),  as I could do so in hobbit-clients.cfg?

  I tried the same regular expression as in hobbit-client.cfg and it doesn't work.
  Tried on few servers without regular expression on hostnames and it worked.

  Please help as I have to configure clientt-local.cfg for hundreds of servers :(

  Thanks
  Ram

always stay connected to friends.