[hobbit] File monitoring.

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:23:17 CET 2007

to my surprise, * actually works on my Hobbit-4.2rc1-20060712 server.

what's your test condition?  You want it to alert when your oldest file is
less than 2-hour old ?   More commonly, people want to test if their oldest
file is older than 2-hour old (mtime >7200 instead of mtime < 7200).

To further troubleshoot: on your client, check the
logfetch.ClientNameHere.cfg under ~hobbit/client/tmp/. Also check
msg.ClientNameHere.txt therein to see whether it has a
[file:/ftp/input/oldestFileName.gz]
section.