FreeBSD client

Bill Hart bill.hart at burkecorp.com
Tue Feb 13 21:35:27 CET 2007

I've recently been tasked with getting the hobbit client on some of our
older servers.  The older redhat box was no problem, but I've got a
FreeBSD 2.2.6 box that is giving me fits.

I have downloaded the files to compile on the server, including
installing GNU "make" and then finding out later that gmake was already
installed.

When running gmake after a 'MAKE=gmake ./configure.client' I get the
following :

ld: bb.o: malformed input file (not rel or archive)

gmake[1]: *** [../client/bb] Error 1

gmake[1]: Leaving directory 'usr/home/wish/hobbit-4.2.0/common'

gmake: *** [common-client] Error 2

As a separate issue (potentially) the Hobbit installer doesn't detect
the "make" that I've installed, though I can type 'make' at the command
line just fine where I couldn't before.

I've searched a bit through the archives and on the web, but can't find
anything that seems to point me in the right direction.

Any tips ?

Thanks,

Bill Hart

Computer Support Supervisor