[hobbit] fping/hobbitping problem

Jones, Jason (Altrincham) JasonAS_Jones at mentor.com
Mon Feb 12 17:56:18 CET 2007

This is the one I use:

Usage: fping [options] [targets...]
   -a         show targets that are alive
   -A         show targets by address
   -b n       amount of ping data to send, in bytes (default 56)
   -B f       set exponential backoff factor to f
   -c n       count of pings to send to each target (default 1)
   -C n       same as -c, report results in verbose format
   -e         show elapsed time on return packets
   -f file    read list of targets from a file ( - means stdin) (only if
no -g specified)
   -g         generate target list (only if no -f specified)
                (specify the start and end IP in the target list, or
supply a IP netmask)
                (ex. fping -g 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.255 or fping -g
192.168.1.0/24)
   -i n       interval between sending ping packets (in millisec)
(default 25)
   -l         loop sending pings forever
   -m         ping multiple interfaces on target host
   -n         show targets by name (-d is equivalent)
   -p n       interval between ping packets to one target (in millisec)
                (in looping and counting modes, default 1000)
   -q         quiet (don't show per-target/per-ping results)
   -Q n       same as -q, but show summary every n seconds
   -r n       number of retries (default 3)
   -s         print final stats
   -t n       individual target initial timeout (in millisec) (default
500)
   -u         show targets that are unreachable
   -v         show version
   targets    list of targets to check (if no -f specified)

[root at svr-gbn-bbr-01 server]# fping -v
fping: Version 2.4b2_to $Date: 2001/01/25 11:25:04 $
fping: comments to noc at zerohype.com

from: http://www.fping.com/

Hope this helps.
Jason.