[hobbit] Solaris ps

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Feb 12 16:20:20 CET 2007

Mike, you must have short java process names or you do not need to
extract any identifying process name info past 80 characters then?  Java
processes names are exactly why we have wanted /usr/ucb/ps for many
months.  Almost all of our hobbit clients have to be updated to use
/usr/ucb/ps.

I also use a PERL script to extract CPU and memory info for these same
processes using /usr/ucb/ps.  We have also had to preface /usr/ucb/ps
with sudo to accommodate Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 hosts with the latest
patches.

We have something that works now, so it's no big deal.  Having a new
built-in feature that tracks CPU and memory would be nice, but I am
expecting it to use the current ps.  So it will be of limited use to us,
unless it can track super long java process names.

~David