[hobbit] bbwin 0.10 available

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 15:45:49 CET 2007

On Dec 30, 2007 12:42 AM, Etienne Grignon <etienne.grignon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After more than a year without new release, I publish today BBWin
> 0.10. This is the new stuffs I put in it:

Neat, thanks.

> BBWin 0.10 Preview version -  December 30th 2007
> -------------------
> <---SNIP--->
> * who agent : report current connected users on the servers
> <---SNIP--->
> There is a new agent 'who' used to report current connected users on
> the windows servers. There is no alert for it at this time. Which
> relevant type of alerts could be useful ? there is no alert options on
> Unix side. I was thinking of a rule like PROC but called USER with a
> minimum logged number and a maximum logged number for a username.

I could see it being useful to alert on things like:

* Any user is logged in more than once
* Specific users are logged in (such as where nobody should use the
Administrator account)
* Users are logged in outside/during certain hours

For each I can see it being handy to define the groups either by
inclusion (any member of "Domain Users") or exclusion (anybody except
members of "Domain Administrators"), and sometimes both (any member of
"Domain Users", except for members of "Management" or the user
"Smith").

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor