[hobbit] HP-UX 11.23 and IBM i5Series

Mike Arnold hobbit at razorsedge.org
Fri Dec 21 02:06:24 CET 2007

Lars Ebeling wrote:

>> I've found the version 11.11 in the depot, but my unix-system admin
>> report
>> to me that he was unable to make it work...is there any other version?
>
> I am not sure that 11.11 binaries work on 11.23. What processor(s) do you
> use? PA-RISC or Itanium?
>
> --
> Regards
> Lars Ebeling

PA-RISC binaries run emulated on Itanium.

http://www.hp.com/go/aries
http://docs.hp.com/en/B9106-90003/ch08s07.html
http://docs.hp.com/en/B3921-60631/ARIES.5.html

What is your sysadmin having problems with?  The hobbit depot does need
extra software to install.  Supporting packages can be found in Porting
And Archive Centre for HP-UX:
http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/

You will probably need these packages from PAAC for the Hobbit server:
openssl, openldap, pcre, libpng, and rrdtool

--
-mike