[hobbit] Summary data: pull from upsteam server instead of pushing to

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:50:43 CET 2007

Here's the situation.  I have one hobbit server running on a DMZ'ed machine,
and another hobbit server running on the internal network (the protected
side of the DMZ).  The general policy is to not allow any DMZ host to
initiate connections to the internal servers (security policy and all).
However, I would like to have a summary of the DMZ hobbit server to be
displayed on the internal hobbit server.

According to the bb-hosts man page, the "summary" command pushes data to the
upstream server--in this case, it would be my internal hobbit server.  Is
there a way for the upstream server to pull the data instead (i.e. the
internal "upstream" server pull from the DMZ'ed hobbit server)?  If not
currently, are there plans to add this feature to a future release of
Hobbit?