Install of 4.2.0 issues

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Thu Dec 6 17:27:26 CET 2007

I was installing 4.2.0 from scratch. I had 4.2.0 beta on the system, and just wanted to get it upgraded.

However I ran into two issues. I did a fresh install, by stopping hobbit and moving the server folder to server-old.

#1 I copied over the www folder, but all the sections, and systems have disappeared.

#2 When I click on anything in the cgi-secure folder, I get an "Internal Server Error"

Now the thing is, if I just upgrade the beta folder, by leaving it there when I run make install, everything works..... Just wondering what is wrong here.

Also when I go to bb2.rss, I get parse errors, but this has always happened:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/hobbit/server/www/bb2.rss on line 1