monitoring mounted fs

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Mon Aug 27 17:01:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm still having trouble monitoring for mounted filesystems. The
usb-mounted filesystems I now do using a custom script because I had to
check for some things anyway.

But now I want to check for an NFS-mounted filesystem. To make things
easier, I just created a file /mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE and check for
the existance of that file on clients.

I put a

file:/mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE

entry in client-local.cfg and a

FILE /mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE

in hobbit-clients.cfg
Now the file column switched from grey to green, if I click it I get a
page which shows /mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE as green and if I click that
I get

file:/mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE]
ERROR: Permission denied

I tried to execute 'stat /mount_point/DO_NOT_DELETE' on the client as
user hobbit and it worked, so the permissions should be set right. I
tried to find some log about what happened but without luck.

Any suggestions?

Andreas