[hobbit] Requesting a common encrypted port number for hobbit client/server

David Gilmore david at stenhouseconsulting.com
Mon Aug 20 19:03:54 CEST 2007

T.J.,

I second this idea.  I think it would be a great benefit to the Hobbit community.  About 6 or 7 years ago, a guy I was working with helped develop a monitoring system for our employer at the time using BB Pro and Cisco Pix FW/Routers so that we could keep client monitoring traffic encrypted, while utilizing the internet to send info to our NOC.  It was a rather elegant solution to the clear text problem.  As a result of his work the Quest folks added the encryption feature in the Pro version shortly thereafter.

David