[hobbit] Cisco devices with many interfaces

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 25 11:52:54 CEST 2007

Brown, Seymour a écrit :

> Hi, again.
>
> We have a Cisco 6513 with 6 blades with 48 ports each in our
> datacenter.  The Hobbit trend page is excruciatingly long as a result.
>
> Is there any way to break a device into sub-devices to make this more
> manageable?

Hi,

I suggest you to modify the mrtg config so you can specify a trend page
for virtual devices.

the mrtg sections should start with
target[mrtg.my.hobbit.device.port1]

etc.

if you change what's between mrtg and the port (ie my.hobbit.device in
the example above) like this
target[mrtg.ciscoblade1.port1]

and specify ciscoblade1 in the bb-hosts, this should do the trick.

you should also set "noconn" after the # because you won't ping the
ciscoblade1 "virtual" device you just created.

hope this'll help.