[hobbit] Downtime Alerting #2

oliver_grube at campbellsoup.com oliver_grube at campbellsoup.com
Tue Apr 24 16:42:25 CEST 2007

Greg,

thanks for the answer.
I'm not deep inside C Code, therefore,may I ask an additional question?

Do you see any possible ways, to enhance the code to allow a Downtime
alerting?
I'm thinking about something like "DTALERT=email1,email2" added to the
objects in the bb-hosts file and whenever a downtime is scheduled,
hobbit-enadis.cgi could perhaps trigger this to the alert?

With BigBrother, I did a lot of minor code changes and at the end, this
results in the situation, that I never update the software itself, because
I don't know, how to re-apply my changes. I have no experience with
patching and version-control and more than scripting is also not my cup of
tea. My concern is, if I do "private" changes to hobbit, I run in the same
situation...

mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best regards
Met vriendelijke groeten  -  Sincères salutations,

Oliver Grube

             greg.hubbard at eds.
             com
                                                                        cc

              hobbit at hswn.dk           RE: [hobbit] Downtime Alerting #2

You could look at the source, and you would realize that the answer to your
first question is "no" and that the answer to the second question is "not
unless you write a script to create and send the email yourself and call it
for the alarms that you want to send email for..."