[hobbit] Hobbitd constantly yellow

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 23 17:10:12 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:19:53AM -0400, Thompson, Brian wrote:
> My most recent alert as of less than a minute ago...
>
> Latest errormessages:
> Ignored PURPLE status update from 53.215.63.xx for PkgPRI.ddc.panalyse

The server at 53.215.63.xx is sending status messages to Hobbit with the
color set to "purple". That's a no-no : "purple" is a reserved color and
is handled entirely inside the Hobbit daemon, it cannot be generated by
an external source.

It's has to be a custom script that generates this status. If it has no
data to report, then it should either use a "clear" status, or stop
sending reports completely (in which case the status will change to purple
in Hobbit automatically).