[hobbit] Log monitoring

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Sun Apr 22 01:28:09 CEST 2007

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 11:41:11AM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
>
>> You rock, dude...that did it.  Now I just need to figure out why hobbit
>> can't see the other logs.  It's a permissions thing I'm sure but I've
>> made the hobbit user a member of the group that has access yet it seems
>> like the secondary group membership is not being honored.
>>

> Make sure you restart the Hobbit client after changing group
> memberships - changing it doesn't affect any running processes.
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

Yep, did that (a couple of times)...I wish I had this setup on a
different OS...currently only on Solaris 10.  Never seen this before
9but then again solaris 10 isn't exactly like the older ones).  I wonder
if it's the service manifest file I worked on for it...I may need to
read up on that a bit more...

=G=