[hobbit] "hobbitd status-board not available" from bbgen on solaris 10

Colin Spargo cspargo2 at csc.com
Thu Apr 19 19:21:20 CEST 2007

Missed out the other bug, which is a duplicate of the one below. It gives
more detail about the issue:

"Bug ID: 6454060 Synopsis: select()/poll() indicate a socket as readable
when there is no data available

pollsys() (on behalf of select()) indicates available data on a socket but
a following recvfrom() fails with EAGAIN:"

I'm not sure if this does apply here, but it is a spurious type of issue.

Colin Spargo/GIS/SC/CSC
19/04/2007 18:10

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
RE: [hobbit] "hobbitd status-board not available" from bbgen on solaris 10

Good to hear!

A trawl through sunsolve shows a few bugs that may have something to do
with it:

Bug ID: 6458410  Synopsis: read() may spuriously return EAGAIN while
unfusing a TCP connection

No patch for this yet I believe.

"T.J. Yang" <tj_yang at hotmail.com>
19/04/2007 17:46
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
RE: [hobbit] "hobbitd status-board not available" from bbgen on solaris 10

1. stop hobbit server
2. zero out the existing log file
3. apply the online fix
4. So far so good, I can confirm the status-board error message is now
gone
;)

bash-3.00# grep -i status-board  *.log
bash-3.00# pwd
/var/opt/hobbitserver42/log
bash-3.00# ls *.log
acknowledge.log    cgierror.log       hobbitlaunch.log   rrd-data.log
bb-display.log     clientdata.log     hobbitlaunch.pid   rrd-status.log
bb-network.log     history.log        hostdata.log
bb-retest.log      hobbitd.log        notifications.log
bbcombotest.log    hobbitd.pid        page.log
bash-3.00# cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC
           Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 09 June 2006
bash-3.00#

Good job on track down the cause on providing the fix.

T.J. Yang