[hobbit] Variable lines in graphs

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 18:20:15 CEST 2007

So you said you already have a script running collecting data and
creating/updating RRD files ? These should be written under
data/rrd/DeviceName/ (DeviceName being the name of the device in Hobbit). So
your data collection script could create/update files like; fan.1.rrd,
fan.2.rrd, fan.3.rrd, etc...

Then under the server/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg you would need to tell hobbit how to
build a graph from your collected data. i.e.
[fan]
	FNPATTERN fan\.(.*)\.rrd
	TITLE Fans
	YAXIS RPM
	DEF:r at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:rpm:AVERAGE
	LINE2:r at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
	GPRINT:r at RRDIDX@:LAST: : %5.1lf (cur)
	GPRINT:r at RRDIDX@:MAX: : %5.1lf (max)
	GPRINT:r at RRDIDX@:MIN: : %5.1lf (min)
	GPRINT:r at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: : %5.1lf (avg)\n

Then you will need to edit server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg, and add "fan" to the
GRAPHS= and/or TEST2RRD=.

Please reference the hobbitgraph.cfg man page for further info.