send test email every day at fixed time

Iain Miller iainonthemove at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:30:57 CEST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I am a converted BB user (hobbit is so much easier and configurable)
but one thing that I recall from my previous life with BB was a script
and / or configurtaion in the alerting that sent a test alert out
every day at the a fixed time so we could check that the alerting
mechanism was sound and functioning.

Any ideas how I could do this under hobbit?  I was thinking about
writing a rule in hobbit-alerts.cfg that for a specific test on a
specific host send an email out when the color is green and the time
is *:1700:1705 (and Duration>0).

This, in my opinion, is a little clunky as the test will look like it
came from a valid host that was green - anyone have a method that they
use for this or any good ideas on how it could be done so I don't need
to fake an alert?  Can an alert be sent from a hobbit command run via
cron for example?

Thanks in advance,

Iain.

--