[hobbit] hobbit_client crashing on Solaris 9 hobbit version 4.2.0

Allan.Marillier at dana.com Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Thu Apr 5 02:14:23 CEST 2007

Check your regular expressions. Henrik helped point me at that.

The fact that you're getting core dumps indicating libpcre points at a
faulty regular expression somewhere.
You may have recently added something to one of bb-hosts,
hobbit-alerts.cfg or hobbit-clients.cfg. If you don't know for sure what
changed recently and can't easily see which regexp is bad, take one file
at a time (start with hobbit-clients.cfg or hobbit-alerts.cfg) and
suppress all lines with any regular expressions. Once you find which file
has a bad regular expression, uncomment all that are clearly good, then
uncomment one by one until you find which is not working right.

You might also find one or more of the regular expression validation
programs I listed previously to be useful, though they are not guaranteed
to be fully libpcre compatible.

>From the last message I posted on this topic:
Not listed in any particular order (I'm still checking them out to see
which is most useful) - your milage may vary, and I don't endorse any of
these apps or have any connection to any of them in any way:
Regex Builder - http://renschler.net/RegexBuilder/
Regex Coach - http://www.weitz.de/regex-coach/
Regular Expression Laboratory - http://silveragesoftware.com/rxl.html
Funduc Search and Replace Regular Expression Wizard -
http://www.funduc.com/search_replace_wizard_ex.htm

Some are simple zip files, some require a Windows installation, but you
can use another tool called Universal Extractor to unpack them if you want
to just test them without the formal Windows installation process.

<Heinze.external at qimonda.com>
04/04/2007 02:27 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

<hobbit at hswn.dk>
cc

Subject
[hobbit] hobbit_client crashing on Solaris 9 hobbit version 4.2.0

The hobbit_client on my Solaris 9 server (which also runs my hobbit
server, version 4.2.0) went red last night (after several months of
perfect operation).

Apparently hobbit_client keeps crashing and dumping core files, then the
hobbit server / channels process restarts it.  I tried restarting
hobbit, but the problem persists.

On the hobbit_client web page:
- Program crashed

Fatal signal caught!

in /var/log/hobbit/clientdata.log:
2007-04-04 13:43:23 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating
2007-04-04 13:48:24 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating
2007-04-04 13:53:24 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating
2007-04-04 13:58:25 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating
2007-04-04 14:08:27 Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating

and in /var/log/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.log:
2007-04-04 13:43:23 Task clientdata terminated, status 1
2007-04-04 13:48:24 Task clientdata terminated, status 1
2007-04-04 13:53:24 Task clientdata terminated, status 1
2007-04-04 13:58:25 Task clientdata terminated, status 1
2007-04-04 14:08:27 Task clientdata terminated, status 1

I saw another post about these errors, and went ahead and ran gdb
against one of the core files:
sudo -u hobbit gdb bin/hobbitd_client /tmp/core
GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.9"...
Core was generated by `hobbitd_client'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0
Reading symbols from /lib/libresolv.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libresolv.so.2
Reading symbols from /lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libsocket.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libdl.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libmp.so.2
Reading symbols from
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R/lib/libc_psr.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R/lib/libc_psr.so.1
#0  0xff1a0b8c in _libc_kill () from /lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) bt
#0  0xff1a0b8c in _libc_kill () from /lib/libc.so.1
#1  0xff136ea0 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.1
#2  0x00028018 in sigsegv_handler (signum=11) at sig.c:57
#3  <signal handler called>
(gdb) q

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Josh

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

</PRE>
<hr>

English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:<br>
<hr>