[hobbit] hobbit agents for AS/400 and OS/390 or Z/OS

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Tue Apr 3 21:32:05 CEST 2007

Allan,

I've been working on a client for z/OS.  Although the process is slow
(I'm primarily a VM/VSE person) I've made some progress).  I have some
code working and would be happy to share it with you.

At this point it requires MXI from the CBT Tape for some of the info
that it gathers.  I'm trying to get away from that, or to rely on TASID,
since it is an IBM offering.  It also requires some patches to Hobbit to
process the client data stream specifically for z/OS.  It is hopeful
that this will all be done for the rollout of Hobbit 4.3 which will
include the backend code for z/OS, z/VM and z/VSE (the latter two are
done and submitted to Henrik.

Let's take this offline and discuss in more detail.

Allan.Marillier at dana.com wrote:

> I've searched a bit and seen some questions from last year but not
> enough to get ,e ready to start kicking. Does anybody have the hobbit
> client built and fully monitoring OS/400 and Z/OS (or OS/390)?
>
> I have some Windows system admins now comfortable with the bb-win hobbit
> client and they are busy expanding their installed base. I have
> hobbit-client on all of my Linux servers, and I'm trying to get it onto
> my HP-UX servers.
>
> The only place I don't have clients and a foot in the door yet is OS/390
> or Z/OS where I do have all the influence I need, and OS/400 where I can
> get some influence but I want to have my facts when I start pushing.

> This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended solely for use by the
> addressee(s) named above. It may contain the confidential or proprietary
> information of Dana Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates or
> business partners. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
> or are an unauthorized recipient of the information, you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
> or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
> and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts.
>
> Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
> check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Dana
> Corporation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
> transmitted by this e-mail.
>
> English, Francais, Espanol, Deutsch, Italiano, Portugues:
> http://www.dana.com/overview/EmailDisclaimer.shtm

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Phone: 414-491-6001
Ans Service:  360-715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007