[hobbit] Is there a way to "quietly" disable hosts that have NOTICE set?

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Mon Sep 25 18:55:51 CEST 2006

At this moment it's not possible to do anything like that I think ...
The only 3 alternatives I see at this moment are:
1) writing a script that will change the DOWNTIME inside the bb-hosts
file at the start and at the end of the backup, hobbit should read it
for the next test and not send alert or notice
2) You can enable the NOTICE alert only during the non backup time so
for example if you do backup between 02:00-05:00 you can enable NOTICE
only from 0-2 and from 5-24 and sending a disable via bb command at the
start of the backup. With this you'll not know if someone will disable
the text during the backup hour but at least you get the alert if the
host is down (better then having hobbit not alert on a fault probably).
3) At least for the "oracle" test if it's local to the oracle database
you can also change it to check for example for the existance of a file
named something like /oracle/backup_now and if that file exist change
the script to not do any checks and send a clear state to hobbit. For
the procs to do the same I think you've to modify the hobbit client too
and I don't know how simple it can be.

Francesco