[hobbit] Is there a way to "quietly" disable hosts that have NOTICE set?

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Mon Sep 25 09:40:13 CEST 2006

Directly from the man bb command :D

	 disable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME DURATION <additional text>
              Disables  a  specific  test  for  DURATION minutes. This
will cause the status of this test to be listed as
              "blue" on the BBDISPLAY server, and no alerts for this
host/test will be generated. If DURATION is given as
              a  number  followed by s/m/h/d, it is interpreted as being
in seconds/minutes/hours/days respectively.   To
              disable all tests for a host, use an asterisk "*" for
TESTNAME.

       enable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME
              Re-enables a test that had been disabled.

So you can execute bb hobbitserver "disable dbservername.* 2h Backup
time" before shutting down the database and bb hobbitserver "enable
dbserver.*" just at the end.

Francesco