Setting up dependencies

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Tue Sep 19 17:30:47 CEST 2006

I have a set of dependencies set up like this:

172.17.99.1     VS_Rtr          # testip depends=(conn:GO_Rtr/conn)
172.17.99.251   vac0001         # testip depends=(conn:VS_Rtr/conn)

The intent being that if VS_Rtr goes down that vac0001, will go white.
I have a bunch of other machines in the dependency (that depend upon
VS_Rtr).  When VS_Rtr goes down, all of the machines that depend on it
still show red.

Is this due to testip being used?  VS_Rtr and the machines that depend
on it are on different pages in bb-hosts.

Any comments on my configuration that would cause this?

Thanks.
--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007