[hobbit] size problem with hostdata

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Sep 19 14:34:38 CEST 2006

thomas.seglard.enata at cnp.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a disk alert from one of my filesystems on the hobbit server. It's
> my $BBHOME/data/hostdata/ which is very big ! When I launch a 'du', I got
> this :
>
> [hobbit at psi200 hostdata]$ du -sh .
> 12G     .
>
> Is it a  normal size ? May I delete some files in it ? I got around 150
> servers and I notice this fs is rapidly growing.
> Sincerly,

That's probably normal with a large number of servers over an extended
period of time. I have 100 hosts and have been up for a couple of months
and my hostdata directory is 1GB.

Hobbit also saves the output of all the client tests, etc for the
"Snapshot Report"s.  If you decide that you don't need to keep snapshots
of the current status of your hosts, you can use the "trimhistory"
command to delete data older than a certain date.

Looking at the hostdata directory contents, it appears to be historical
copies of the client data. I'm not sure if the trimhistory command
cleans these up as well, but if not you could probably get rid of the
older ones manually.

-Charles