[hobbit] pb with hobbit-perl-client and dbcheck

Olivier Boyaval oboyaval at ch-bethune.fr
Tue Sep 19 09:59:56 CEST 2006

Hello,

>     * /To/: <hobbit (at) hswn.dk>
>     * /Subject/: RE: [hobbit] pb with hobbit-perl-client and dbcheck
>     * /From/: "Francesco Duranti" <fduranti (at) q8.it>
>     * /Date/: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:04:57 +0200
>     * /Thread-index/: AcbbXNjiyCoEBWDISL+6vz/9wLlMUwAD3t5g
>     * /Thread-topic/: [hobbit] pb with hobbit-perl-client and dbcheck

> problems working together....
> One suggestion I've found was to set the  Oracle_home (in the
> dbcheck.ini file) to the lib directory instead of the root into which
> the instant client is installed (something like
> /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.2/client/lib)...

With Instantclient, there's not lib directory, my ORACLE_HOME and my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH are OK
> Another thing is to check that you have the following package installed
> (took from the DBD:Oracle readme)
> * The "Basic" package for the essential Oracle libraries.
> * The "SDK" package for the headers and makefile.
> * The "SQL*Plus" component is optional, but will help you check your
> configuration and DBD::Oracle determine your Oracle version.

it's OK for this package
> Then you can try to define the full hostname/port/sid/user/password in
> the dbcheck.ini file under the db you want to configure (it should skip
> the tnsnames.ora and go through to the db server). Or you can try to
> define your db in a tnsnames.ora under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and
> put only sid username and password in the dbconfiguration.

I tested with  bbcmd and sqlplus, I can connect with the database
I tested with bbcmd and the next perl script and I can also connect with
the database

----
use DBI;
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=server;sid=SID;port=1521", "user",
"password");
----

> What version of DBD::Oracle module are you using? Did it compile/test
> successfully? Can you check if with sqlplus you can connect correctly to
> that database?

 DBD::Oracle 1.18
I have detected a pb with the Makefile.PL of DBD :

-----------
Configuring DBD::Oracle for perl 5.008003 on linux
(x86_64-linux-thread-multi)

Remember to actually *READ* the README file! Especially if you have any
problems.

Using Oracle in /opt/instantclient
SP2-1503: Unable to initialize Oracle call interface
SP2-0152: ORACLE may not be functioning properly

            If sqlplus failed due to a linker/symbol/relocation/library
error or similar problem
            then it's likely that you've not configured your environment
correctly.
            Specifically, your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
            set to include the directory containing the Oracle libraries.

I'm having trouble finding your Oracle version number... trying harder

WARNING: I could not determine Oracle client version so I'll just
default to version 8.0.0.0. Some features of DBD::Oracle may not work.
Oracle version based logic in Makefile.PL may produce erroneous results.
You can use "perl Makefile.PL -V X.Y.Z" to specify a your client version.

Oracle version 8.0.0.0 (8.0)
Looks like an Instant Client installation, okay
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env var is set to '/opt/instantclient/'

I will test with "perl Makefile.PL -V 10.2.0"
> Francesco
Cordialement
--
Olivier Boyaval