[hobbit] Admin - ackknowledge alert page

Mike Shackelford m_shackelford at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 14:53:26 CEST 2006

Henrik,

Thanks very much, the problem was indeed the --no-ping outside the quotes.

-mike

Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote: On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 04:07:49PM -0700, Mike Shackelford wrote:

>   I have some test systems all which have generated some alerts to
>   me via email.  I guess I was expecting these systems to also show
>   up under the Administration - Acknowledge Alerts link, but all I
>   see is a page which you put in the Estimated time to resolve, short
>   cause of problem, and acknowledgement code.  Is this what i'm supposed to see?

It depends on whether you're using the original ack-system where you
need the acknowledgment pin-code from an alert to acknowledge a problem,
or if you're using the new (in 4.2) pin-free ack-system. You probably
want the latter, so check your ~hobbit/server/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg file:
There should be a line with

CGI_ACK_OPTS="--env=/usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg --no-pin"

(The path to hobbitserver.cfg may be different on your system).

The "--no-pin" is essential. Note that some of the pre-4.2 releases had
this outside the double-quotes, which does not work.

>   Also, if I do acknowledge an alert, how does that manifest itself
>   in the web page or in continued REPEAT alarms...?

On the webpage, ack'ed alerts show up with a check-mark instead of a
dot. Alerts stop being sent when you acknowledge a status.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk