Hobbit upgrade from 4.2beta to 4.2.0 .... comments

Nicolas Dorfsman ndo at unikservice.com
Mon Sep 11 16:48:39 CEST 2006

	Hi,

	My Solaris 8 server is upgraded.  Below some remarks on the process
(regarding Solaris)

* Solaris compilation with Sun cc
--> Need to modify build/Makefile.SunOS and before need to change
rights on this file

* Hobbit software is installed on /opt/hobbit . I have a link
betaween /opt/hobbit/data and /var/hobbit/data
---> Can't use make install without modification :
		$ make install
		mkdir -p /opt/hobbit/server /opt/hobbit/server/download /opt/hobbit/
data
		mkdir: "/opt/hobbit/data": Exists but is not a directory
		make: *** [install-dirs] Error 2

* type of os set to "sunos" : bad option on some deadcat scripts
which are testing against sunos or solaris to differentiate SunOS 4.x
and SunOS 5.x

* List of fs to ignore in df should include hsfs

* TOP command should be prstat by default ( /usr/bin/prstat -can 20 1
1 )