[hobbit] Problem with multiple BBDISPLAYS

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Sep 4 11:08:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:45:16AM +0200, Ulric Eriksson wrote:

> I also want to send reports to a Big Brother server, so I modify
> server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg like this:
>
> 8<---
> #BBDISP="$BBSERVERIP"
> BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
> BBDISPLAYS="10.0.4.5 10.0.4.7"
> 8<---
>
> When I do that, the client part of Hobbit sends reports to the
> Big Brother server, but the Hobbit server seems to crash. The
> yellow bbgen message that appears on the Big Brother server says:
>
> hobbitd status-board not available

Check if there's a "core" file in the ~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory.
If there is, could you please run it through gdb as described in
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport

Does the behaviour change if you swap the two IP-adresses in the
BBDISPLAYS setting? Ie if you change it to
   BBDISPLAYS="10.0.4.7 10.0.4.5"