[hobbit] Solaris 10 service monitoring

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 04:54:21 CEST 2006

>From: Andy France <Andy at zespri.com>
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: Re: [hobbit] Solaris 10 service monitoring
>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:31:43 +1200

> > > Regarding point one, an external script seems like the best idea
>rather
> > > than Henrik maintaining Solaris specific functions in the hobbit
>client
> > > (unless his to do list is looking a bit thin ;-) )
> > >
> > > However I disagree with your second point - if the "svcs" column
>indicates
> > > service status on Windows, why can't it indicate services on Solaris
>too?
> > > You're hardly likely to run both Sun and Windows services on the same
> > > (virtual) host, and it keeps the column numbers down on pages that
>might
> > > show both types of server.
> >
> > So if you click on svcs column title link on a hobbit page to find out
>the
> > definition of svcs, which url it should link to  :)
>
>"The svcs column shows the status of select system services that are
>expected to run on the system"

I doubled checked at
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/hobbitcolumn.sh?svcs

>Sounds generic enough for me!  Of course, I'm not planning on submitting
>the ext script myself any time soon, so I'll leave it up to "someone else"
>to decide.

Agree, the person spent the effort have the privilage to decide.

>And BTW... reading the documentation?  What were you thinking!

ok, thanks for waking my up. I was thinking of svc definition from bb
server.

svcs
The svcs column denotes the svcs check performed periodically (on
NT/W2K/W2003). This test verifies that the defined services in bbntcfg.exe
are running/stopped.