Hobbit-perl-notes

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Mon Oct 30 23:29:43 CET 2006

Hi all,
I've just uploaded on sourceforge the first version of my notes editing
system.
I'm finish to test it so consider it a beta :D (probably full of bug :D
)
You can find it on the sourceforge page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hobbit-perl-cl/ with also all the other
software I did (hobbit-perl-client, hobbit-perl-graph and bb-cfg2html).

I hope that the Install instruction are complete but it's possible that
I've forgot something (probably some chmod/chown to be done). If you
have any problem let me know so I can correct the bugs that will came
out.

Francesco

This is the description of what you'll find in it:

hobbitperl-notes is a complete notes editing and reporting system for
hobbit server.
It's fully customizable via web and you can create new fields and change
data via a simple web interface.
You can put links, email address and even phone number (if you have a
voip software that will do the call via a web interface). Data can be
assigned to 4 categories (Hardware/Software/Procedure/General) and
you'll also have a link to the old documntation file if they're present
in the notes directory (hostname.html and hostname file are recognized).
Link can point to web pages (you can also put $HOSTNAME on a link to be
substituted with the hostname you're currently viewing) or to unc
windows path (put a \\servername\pathto\file.doc to open a word file
located in the share \\servername\pathto).
On the notes pages there will also be a clickable list of all services
monitored for that host with the last time of state change.

You can create groups to assign them to more then one host without the
need of rewrite basic information like software vendor and support
link/email.  You can also link server with other server so you can move
between database server/application server/web server of a single
application without the need to return to the hobbit pages.
Last but not least you can also create csv report of a selected part
(host and field you want to report) of the data collected to be
elaborated by a spreadsheet to have a documentation of all your systems.

Editing notes will create file named hostname.cfg in the notes directory
of your hobbit server.

After you've followed the installation instruction you've just to click
on a hostname on the hobbit web pages to go to the notes interface and
from there you can edit that host data or the default parameters (here
you can add groups, fields and change the order of displayed data).