[hobbit] hobbit-mailack with SMS format

Allan Spencer allan at zandahar.net
Thu Oct 12 03:33:07 CEST 2006

Charles Jones wrote:
> Does hobbit-mailack recognize replies from alerts sent using the SMS
> format? I havn't tested it but taking a peek at the hobbit-mailack.c,
> I see:
>  /* No subject ? No deal */
>        if (subjectline == NULL) {
>                dbgprintf("Subject-line not found\n");
>                return 1;
>        }
> So this leads me to believe that it is not possible to ack alerts from
> a cellphone or pager, if the alert was sent using "format=SMS", which
> does not send messages with a subject.
>
> -Charles

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Dont quote me but from memory it was rewritten to allow a mailack
without a subject as it was myself that was having issues with acking an
alert via an sms to email program which of course didn't have a subject

I think it ended up being included into the main codestream and wasnt
just a patch for me as Henrik thought it was a good addition :)