[hobbit] Installing on RH4

Bill Matthews bill.matthews at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 16:13:17 CEST 2006

Thanks Mike, that looks like what I need.

However I'm getting some install errors.

I think I've installed all the prerequisites as outlined in install.html.
Most came from RedHat directly, but rrdtool I had to get the rpms
elsewhere.  But when I went to install the rpm:

rpm -iv  hobbit-4.2.0-5.el4.re.i386.rpm
warning: hobbit-4.2.0-5.el4.re.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
ba7a4a9e
error: Failed dependencies:
        fping is needed by hobbit-4.2.0-5.el4.re.i386
        librrd.so.0 is needed by hobbit-4.2.0-5.el4.re.i386

So I installed fping from source, and verified it works..
which fping
/usr/local/sbin/fping

But I still get the same errors.  So it didn't recognize fping, and it's
also missing some librrd library?

Any ideas?
BM