[hobbit] lsof monitor?

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Thu Nov 30 20:09:24 CET 2006

It is not hard to write such a test -- but consider the system impact of
the test running relentlessly day in and day out.  Whenever I have used
lsof, it has taken a long time to complete.

So first, write your script, following the "temperature" example in the
Hobbit doc.  When it works when run by hand, then you can add it to the
client launch configuration.  You might want to "time" the script for a
few runs to make sure that the script is not going to be a problem.  If
it can't run on a 5 minute cycle then you will need to take some steps
to allow Hobbit to run it less often.

If you want to graph anything, you will have to work all that out.  The
temperature example is a great guide.

GLH