[hobbit] [bug][resolved] Crash of hobbitsvc.cgi on trends column display

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Thu Nov 30 15:01:15 CET 2006

Hi,

Charles Goyard wrote :
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Yesterday I upgraded my hobbit server to take advantage of the
> all-in-one corrections, plus the "split-ncv" feature (have a peek in
> your spambox to see my message about this :)). I then found a bug
> that did not show up on the test host, so I rolled back.
>
> Since then, hobbitsvc.cgi segfaults when I click on the trends column
> (renamed _graphs in my setup) :

ok, I figured all this out... I upgraded hobbit partially in the wrong
location. I had HOME for the hobbit user set to /home/hobbit/server
instead of /home/hobbit, so I partially screwed up my server.
Reinstalling correctly solves the problems.

Now my split-ncv feature (extensively debugged on my personal box) is on
my production server. I'll submit the patch next week if anything goes
well.

Quick question: which implementation do you prefer :
SPLITNCV_sometest="data1:GAUGE...."
or
NCV_sometest="data1:GAUGE...."
SPLITNCV="sometest,someothertest..."