[hobbit] LDAP test & retest

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Nov 28 16:48:49 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:02:40AM +0100, Lardinois, Pierre wrote:

> I would like to know how does Hobbit handles the LDAP test when it cannot
> (for any reason) connect to the server ?  Is the test repeated ?
>
> We have the issue here that the server is OK, the connectivity, too, but the
> LDAP test returns red.

Hobbit runs the connectivity (ping) test seperately from the other
network tests. So if your "conn" column is green, and "ldap" is red,
then the problem is with the ldap service.

Exactly what Hobbit does for ldap tests depend on how you've setup the
test. If you just have an "ldap" entry in bb-hosts, then it will just
attempt to connect to port 389 - if that succeeds, the "ldap" column is
green.

If you have a full "ldap://myserver/....." URL in bb-hosts, then Hobbit
will attempt to bind to the ldap service using the normal LDAPv3 protocol
and an anonymous bind, and then perform the query specified in the URL.
Only if that succeeds will the "ldap" column be green.