[hobbit] AIX memory check

Morsiani, Massimo massimo.morsiani at gilbarco.com
Tue Nov 28 15:39:47 CET 2006

Hi all,

we have Hobbit 4.2.0 up and running (very well!) and we have BBWin
client installed on our Windows servers.
We started to install hobbit client on our AIX server (AIX 5.2) using
this pre-built package
http://rpm.razorsedge.org/aix-5.2/RE/ppc/hobbit-client-4.2.0-4.aix5.2.re
.ppc.rpm and it works fine.
But I noticed different memory reporting between AIX topas command and
Hobbit web page, as follows

=== Topas output ===

Real,MB    8191
% Comp     49.3
% Noncomp  51.6
% Client   51.8

PAGING SPACE
Size,MB    7680
% Used     20.5
% Free     79.4

=== Hobbit web output ===

Memory		Used		Total  	Percentage
green Physical	8189M		8192M		99%
green Swap		1612M		7680M		20%

While Total memory (8192MB) and Swap (7680MB, 20%) values are correct,
reported Physical memory value is incorrect.
Right value is % Comp 49.3 NOT 99%.

Is there anything I can change to have the right value?

Regards.

Massimo Morsiani
Information Technology Dept.
------