how can I receive alerts for every new trigger matched for 'LOG'

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:33:58 CET 2006

hi, there,
I have a LOG check for "error: #1" "error: #2" in a log file. We'd like to
receive email alerts for each every trigger matched, "%error: #" since we
needs to know the all the error # reported.
Right now, it generates email alerts. but not for every new triggers.  No
alerts are generated for a newly matched trigger log entry if the STATUS is
red/yellow already.  In my thinking, if the LOG check itself can be
RECOVERED after 5m (I believe the default is 30m), this ought work.

   - Does anybody know how to change the default from 30m to 5m (for a
   single check/test)?
   - Any alternative/recommendations to get the desired results?  I
   initially thought a 'creative' combination of 'REPEAT=5 DURATION<10' would
   do it...