[hobbit] CPU Monitoring

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 04:40:09 CET 2006

On 11/15/06, James Wade <jkwade at futurefrontiers.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for best practices with regard to CPU monitoring.
>
> I have systems where the CPU is overloaded, and we really
>
> can't do much about it. What do most folks do with the CPU
>
> monitor with regard to showing RED all the time?

I don't have a different suggestion to those already made, but I do
have a related question for everybody:  would there be any value in
having a CPU minimum load setting that would trigger a red flag??  I'm
thinking that in a normally heavily loaded system, a sudden drop in
cpu activity could indicate a problem.  Or is there already a way to
invert the condition??  I don't have a set of manual pages handy to
check right now...

Ralph Mitchell