File status information in client-data

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Mon Nov 13 20:03:48 CET 2006

I am running on a z/VM 5.1 system and trying to deliver our data to a
hobbit server in a client-data format that hobbit will read & process
without backend changes. This is a locally configured client.

I am working on the 'file', 'logfile' and 'messages' components of our
system. I can get our system log and its status information to hobbit as
well as file status information for other files. The unaltered,
minimally configured hobbit server shows the msgs and files columns
fine, IF there is good data. I am now trying to provide an error
condition, where one of the monitored files does not exist. I found some
syntax for this error condition by running logfetch on a SLES10 system
with a special logfetch.cfg. When I mimic that same syntax in my z/VM
client data file, Hobbit still shows the file as green but with 'No
Data'. I would like the file to be marked Yellow in the hobbit files
display. Must there be a file configuration record in the hobbit server
before it will check for the error condition?

Here is the piece from my client data file.
[file:/VMSYSU/DFSMS./RMSMASTR.%TODAY]
ERROR: No such file or directory
[file:/DISKACNT/0191/ACCOUNT.$A111306]
type:100000 (file)